THE REGINA'S LULLABY (an epilogue)

Astrid's really a magnet to danger.She was walking alone in the forest,finding time for herself.Then,a mishap happened.A tree branch fell on her.Blood's flowing endlessly,she's just a human,a mere human,she's dying.I went to her.
Lyn:Why're you here,forest is perilous you know!
Astrid can't talk......she just stared at me,it's like she wanted to tell me something...
I must do something,I won't just stand and stare,I knew how to cure her,but it is risky,and there's no other way.A life for a life,that's the rule of the vampire's world.This means,a sacrifice.Il mio angelo is ain't no ordinary talisman.It is sacred and powerful.I put it on Astrid,I uttered some spell,and it disappeared,went into Astrid's 'anatomy'.It's like a second life for Astrid-and an end for me.I can't live without it,the sun's basking on me,I'm in pain.I left her there.I must go home,I can't die here.
In a blink of an eye,I'm home.I opened the curtain wide,prepared the bed.It's like in my fantasy.I wish I could die peacefully on my bed,surrounded by sons and daughters and grandchildren,it is indeed a picturesque dream.But,this time no family,just bed and a beautiful red rose on my chest.The sun's getting hotter,it's like an inferno.I started to burn,and burn and burn.And I know he's hiding behind the curtain.
Lyn:Please take good care of Astrid....Enrique.
Enrique:I shall.
And then I sang something,a lullaby,it is called The Regina's Lullaby,Margaret often sang it to me before,when she was combing my hair.
Everything's ended just like what I ever wanted,die in doing something noble,something crucial,something to be proud of when I die.Just don't forget me,Astrid,I'll always stay immortal in your heart,in every single breath you inhale,in every single dream you dream.Au revoir,Astrid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment